The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

priest  - McCanns condemned by seeing a priest Mm11

priest  - McCanns condemned by seeing a priest Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

priest  - McCanns condemned by seeing a priest Mm11

priest  - McCanns condemned by seeing a priest Regist10

McCanns condemned by seeing a priest

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

priest  - McCanns condemned by seeing a priest Empty McCanns condemned by seeing a priest

Post by ROSA 23.05.11 9:33

McCanns condemned by seeing a priest

KATEMcCANN: Kate has welcomed a new investigation launched in the UK
KATE McCann’s request to see a priest on the night of her daughter Madeleine’s disappearance was used as evidence against her, it has been revealed.

The devout Roman Catholic claims she came under suspicion because of the belief that people in Portugal ‘only called for a priest when they wanted their sins to be forgiven.’
The flimsy dossier against the McCann’s also included British sniffer dog evidence indicating the presence of blood and human remains in the apartment, later dismissed following forensic tests.
The revelation comes as British Prime Minister David Cameron ordered the reopening of files relating to the McCann case following a direct appeal from her parents.
The Met Police have been ordered to conduct a full review of all evidence in a bid to shed new light on the case.
Meanwhile, an image of the girl’s abductor could finally be revealed thanks to high-tech profiling computers.

A Met Police case review team will run descriptions of potential suspects through facial identification software in a bid to produce the most accurate new e-fit.
http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2011/05/23/madeleine-mccann-case-reopened/
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

priest  - McCanns condemned by seeing a priest Empty Re: McCanns condemned by seeing a priest

Post by pennylane 23.05.11 9:49

"The Met Police have been ordered to conduct a full review of all evidence in a bid to shed new light on the case.
Meanwhile, an image of the girl’s abductor could finally be revealed thanks to high-tech profiling computers."

"A Met Police case review team will run descriptions of potential suspects through facial identification software in a bid to produce the most accurate new e-fit."

Here we go round the mulberry bush! priest  - McCanns condemned by seeing a priest 173510
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

priest  - McCanns condemned by seeing a priest Empty Re: McCanns condemned by seeing a priest

Post by ufercoffy 23.05.11 10:14

But Kate's own mother said she and Gerry weren't the most religious of people.

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by Waxwing 23.05.11 12:19

This is my first post on here after being a member of the 3A's some time back.
Please forgive any mistakes as I'm still trying to find my way around this excellent forum.

This is really a question to ask what happened to the priest?
Waxwing

Activity : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.05.11 12:25

Waxwing wrote:This is my first post on here after being a member of the 3A's some time back.
Please forgive any mistakes as I'm still trying to find my way around this excellent forum.

Hi Waxwing, good to see you here and welcome welcome I found this............................

'I was deceived' says the Portuguese priest who comforted Gerry and Kate McCann

Last updated at 10:03 18 October 2007

The Portuguese priest who comforted Gerry and Kate McCann in the days after Madeleine vanished last night said he had been deceived, it has emerged.
According to reports, Father Jose Manuel Pacheco claimed he had done nothing wrong and was simply "supporting two lost souls."
But, bizarrely, he also appeared to say he had been the victim of some form of deception.
Gerry's concern for Kate on the day Madeleine disappeared
New Booker Prize winner Anne Enright's amazing attack on Gerry and Kate McCann
Portuguese police 'call in crack team of investigators to target Kate McCann'
Kate McCann: 'I'm being persecuted because of my looks'
It has also emerged Father Pacheco was apparently called in to see his superior, Algarve Bishop Manuel Quintas and warned about his behaviour.

In the days after Madeleine vanished on May 3, the McCanns, both 39 and devout Catholics, frequently sought refuge at the priest's church.
They became so close to Father Pacheco, he gave them the keys to the tiny building so they could go in to pray whenever they liked.
However, his friendship with the couple appeared to spectacularly backfire after police became convinced Kate had told him she had killed her daughter during confession.
But he has vowed to take whatever she had said to the grave, despite being quizzed by detectives.
Father Pacheco appeared to virtually vanish from the public eye in the weeks after Gerry and Kate were made arguidos - or official suspects.
The pair left Portugal without saying goodbye and handed the church keys to another clergyman.
Last week, police moved in to search the churchyard and there has been some suggestion that they may consider digging for Madeleine's body at the location.
Father Pacheco, runs two churches and teaches at three local schools, yesterday broke his silence.
According to the Daily Express, he admitted he had become too close to the couple, still official suspects in the disappearance of their daughter.
"I was deceived," he said.
"I was just doing my job supporting lost souls. I would do that with any family who were in their situation. I didn't do anything wrong.
Father Pacheco, 46, said he had felt compelled to help Kate and Gerry because of their "inconsolable grief".

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-488262/I-deceived-says-Portuguese-priest-comforted-Gerry-Kate-McCann.html#ixzz1NApiqk2V
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 23.05.11 12:30

Waxwing wrote:This is my first post on here after being a member of the 3A's some time back.

hi and welcome

Here's something else about Father Pacheco:

McCann Case: 'The British Priest Staged Everything'

Translated by Joana Morais

We went to Praia da Luz to speak with Father José Manuel – the priest of the local church – who accompanied all the sequence of events, lived after the disappearance of the English girl. Refuting all knowledge regarding the whereabouts of the blanket, the Father also denies the insinuations against his past.

Have you participated in all of the British community celebrations?
-In all.

And, specifically, you participated in religious acts for the girl Madeleine. Have you ever noticed in the existence of a pink blanket that belonged to the child?
- I participated, but I don’t know anything. The British priest, called by Madeleine parents, it was him who celebrated all the masses. In that context, the only thing that I could do for her was to pray. The other priest is the one who knows a lot – and he staged everything – it was him who made statements and who spoke to the PJ.

But, where could Maddie’s blanket be?
-It would be good to know, it’s possible that the other priest and the PJ know.

The PJ doesn’t know. Does that mean that they have ‘lost’ the evidence?
- I don’t know anything; I only know that, when everything was too ‘hot’, various stories were told, badly told and even more about me: that I was ‘exiled’ to the Vatican to speak with the Pope… Just because I missed 2 or three days, I was made an ‘exiled’.

Was it normal to hand out the church keys?
- It’s not me who decides. [silence]

There are some who have accused you of, when you where at the Gaia Seminary, having participated in act of harassment and sexual abuse.
- It’s all a lie; the media have nothing else to do. It is easy to attack the image of a priest. But, at this moment the defamers are being sued.

in Semanário Privado, 1 July 2009 - Paper Editon Only

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41815

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 23.05.11 12:37

“There are two completely different Pachecos, the one before the McCanns and this shell of a man after the McCanns. He is a nervous wreck.”

http://madeleinemccann.org/2007/2124/after-223-days-portugal-finally-turns-its-back-on-missing-madeleine/

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41815

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.05.11 12:40

This from Anorak...........

DAILY EXPRESS front page: “PRIEST ‘BANS’ MADELEINE”

And: “He takes down posters as Praia da Luz ‘wipes her from its memory”

Out of sight, out of mind? But Madeleine is missing and she remains on the front pages…

“Father Jose Manuel Pacheco ordered the removal of scores of green and yellow ribbons which were put up as a symbol of hope in the days after Madeleine vanished”

Father Pacheco was the priest who gave the McCanns the key to his church. Says the Express: “Friends fear for the priest’s health and tell how his life has been ruined after he offered the couple solace”

Says one friend: “Father Jose can’t even hear the Madeleine case mentioned without becoming irate…

“He says that it is an extremely unpleasant situation and that the McCann family only ever brought him problems. He told one friend they ruined his life…He no longer goes to the coffee shops that were part of his daily routine. He just wants to get on with his peaceful life before the McCann whirlwind raped his world. He just wants it all to go away. This has all been a very bad experience for him”

Says a another: “He’s a nervous wreck. He’s hiding secrets that are destroying him"

http://www.anorak.co.uk/178342/madeleine-mccann/madeleine-mccann-posters-taken-down-and-father-pachecos-shell.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 23.05.11 13:15

I like the expression "the McCann whirlwind raped his world". That's about what happened to everyone who didn't swallow their cr@p.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 23.05.11 13:24

Meanwhile, an image of the girl’s abductor could finally be revealed thanks to high-tech profiling computers.

Yeah, and she'll be home for christmas.

All those empty marks are a good indication of how empty the abduction case is.

Do I take it that the fullblown hunt on father Pacheco is open now?

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

priest  - McCanns condemned by seeing a priest Empty Morales v. Portuondo

Post by ROSA 23.05.11 22:36

An interesting case that explores this question is Morales v. Portuondo.
In Morales, the defendant brought a federal habeas petition on grounds that the defendant's compulsory process rights had been violated when a court declined to admit the hearsay testimony of a priest who received a confessional communication that would have exonerated the defendant.
In 1989 defendants Morales and and Montalvo were convicted of homicide in the Bronx. Not long thereafter, Father Joseph Towle received a call from Jesus Forne asking the father to visit him at his home. When Father Towle arrived, Jesus confessed to the killing, saying he could not believe that Morales and Montalvo had been convicted. The alleged confession only came to light after the priest, suffering with guilt, wrote to one of the men convicted of the crime in jail offering to help in any way that did not violate the confidences of the priest.
Towle convinced Forne to visit a Legal Aid Society attorney. But acting in his capacity, the attorney convinced Forne to plead the Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination. As a result, Forne never testified. Forne was killed in 1997.
In 2000 Father Towle finally chose to divulge the confession in affidavit which formed the basis of a habeas proceeding. In order to wriggle himself free of the privilege, Father Towle concluded that in fact, the confession was not sacramental or confidential in nature and was instead what he termed a "heart-to-heart."
The government claimed that the statement was inadmissible as a matter of law because the confessor, now dead, had never waived the privilege. In addition, they argued that the statements would be inadmissible hearsay and did not qualify as declarations against penal interest.
Citing Chambers v. Mississippi, Judge Chin concluded that if due process was at risk, the testimony could be admissible if it was "vital" to the defense, even if it was hearsay as long as it bore sufficient indicia of reliability. Because Fornes had repeated the confession four times to different parties, it had a high level of reliability.
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 24.05.11 12:36

[quote="Get 'em Gonçalo"]
“There are two completely different Pachecos, the one before the McCanns and this shell of a man after the McCanns. He is a nervous wreck.”
Father Pacheco could of been threatened by the mccanns as they like to silence people
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by scotclogs 24.05.11 13:54

[quote="ROSA"]
Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:
Father Pacheco could of been threatened by the mccanns as they like to silence people

I feel very sorry for this poor man 😢
scotclogs
scotclogs

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 24.05.11 15:02

If we look what Kate describes of people who helped her and did more for Madeleine that Kate herself I have no doubt they could have steamrolled over him the moment that he did not completely do what they told him to do. He is one of the many who now know how sociopaths can destroy anything they don't like.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 24.05.11 23:50

13 Dec 2007 ... With regards to the key to Praia da Luz church that the McCanns were given after Madeleine went missing, so that the couple could pray in ...
www.algarveresident.com/story.asp?ID=23328
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 30.05.11 23:04

The Pope’s decision to withdraw all support for the Doctors McCann
Just over three weeks after Madeleine ‘disappeared’, the McCanns met with the Pope, Benedict XVI, who publicly blessed a photograph of Madeleine before the world’s media. The Vatican thereafter carried very prominent pages on their website featuring the McCanns and their emotional search for Madeleine. The McCanns had frequently made their ‘strong Catholic faith’ very much an issue, and were frequently described as ‘devout Catholics’.
Yet 48 hours before the McCanns were made formal suspects, the Pope withdrew all references to Madeleine. No further references to the McCanns’ campaign and their fund to ‘find Madeleine’ have been made on the Vatican website since then. It seemed to many seasoned observers of the Roman Catholic Church that the Pope had received strong indications that the McCanns’ abduction claim did not stand up.
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31.05.11 9:11

Yes, I have often wondered who gave them a tip off?

I was watching a film the other day which suggested that the Vatican had a close association with scientists or something like that. I wonder if that extended to the field of medicine and Doctors?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

priest  - McCanns condemned by seeing a priest Empty Strange events at the Vatican

Post by Guest 31.05.11 9:50

If it is true that the Vatican no longer endorses the McCanns, one can only wonder why. It is well known that the Church has been accused of the long-term covering up of the abuse of children by some priests. Goodness knows what the McCanns are thought to have done if the Vatican feels that it's worse than that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Baronstu 31.05.11 10:39

Marian wrote:If it is true that the Vatican no longer endorses the McCanns, one can only wonder why. It is well known that the Church has been accused of the long-term covering up of the abuse of children by some priests. Goodness knows what the McCanns are thought to have done if the Vatican feels that it's worse than that.

I wouldn't read too much into that Marian.
It is well known that the (Nazi) Pope is a hardline traditionist, I think that when he found out that the McCanns had indulged in IVF, he felt he had been duped.
The endorsement may well have been withdrawn as the Pope did not want to be seen condoning IVF.
Baronstu

Activity : 118

Back to top Go down

priest  - McCanns condemned by seeing a priest Empty The Pope's displeasure

Post by Guest 31.05.11 10:48

Thanks for that Baronstu, I didn't know about the Vatican's stance on IVF treatment - thank God, I'm an atheist!! I would have thought that, as the procreation of children is so important to Catholics, the various ways of getting there wouldn't be too much of a problem. The end justifies the means, in other words.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Invinoveritas 31.05.11 18:42

Baronstu wrote:
Marian wrote:If it is true that the Vatican no longer endorses the McCanns, one can only wonder why. It is well known that the Church has been accused of the long-term covering up of the abuse of children by some priests. Goodness knows what the McCanns are thought to have done if the Vatican feels that it's worse than that.

I wouldn't read too much into that Marian.
It is well known that the (Nazi) Pope is a hardline traditionist, I think that when he found out that the McCanns had indulged in IVF, he felt he had been duped.
The endorsement may well have been withdrawn as the Pope did not want to be seen condoning IVF.

I don´t have a problem when the Pope is called a hardliner but there again I do have a problem when he is called a Nazi, it is all too easy to use populistic words, I am not a friend of the Catholic Church but please realise that at the age of 15 he didn´t really have a choice, he was inducted into the Hitler-jugend, otherwise he would have faced a death-sentence, now I´m not writing this as a German citizen but as a UK citizen who has spent their working life in Switzerland and Germany
Invinoveritas
Invinoveritas

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

priest  - McCanns condemned by seeing a priest Empty The Pope's past

Post by Guest 31.05.11 19:15

Yes I agree that he had no choice about being a member of the Hitler Youth. I had a work colleague whose mother's claim to fame was that, as a child in the girls' division of the H Y, she shook hands with Hitler! Such membership was definitely compulsary.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Baronstu 31.05.11 20:31

Sorry off subject, but I feel the need to reply to the criticism I have received for calling the Pope a Nazi.
I agree that Ratzinger had to join the HItler Jugend or face punishment, remember also he was in the Heer (German Army).
I find it amazing that a man of no conviction in his beliefs can rise as high as he did, he may have worn a belt with "Gott Mit Uns" on it, but, if he truly believed in God he would of refused to be any part of the Nazi regime.
He isn't fit to wash the feet of Priests such as Father Maximillian Kolbe, and as a confirmed Agnostic I find his appointment abhorrent.
Baronstu

Activity : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 01.06.11 22:46

pennylane wrote:"The Met Police have been ordered to conduct a full review of all evidence in a bid to shed new light on the case.
Meanwhile, an image of the girl’s abductor could finally be revealed thanks to high-tech profiling computers."

"A Met Police case review team will run descriptions of potential suspects through facial identification software in a bid to produce the most accurate new e-fit."

Here we go round the mulberry bush! priest  - McCanns condemned by seeing a priest 173510

Hi pennylane

Mmmmmm... How about we write to Sir Paul (is it Sir Paul) and suggest that we could run the investigation for far less that £3.5 million and wind it up in the space of a couple of weeks. All we have to do is flick through the papers and come up with abduction. Leaving no stone turned : (

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 02.06.11 0:11

PRIEST CONDEMMED BY SEEING MCCANNS
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top